” . . .
Photo is aside KPFK, Los Angeles.
” . . “. . . “faction want to achieve, the dissolving of Pacifica, the Acid Bath Strategy?
The new constitution creates a ‘100-day’ dictatorship:
- appropriating all decision-making from the whole membership;
- that is, eliminating member participation in any decision-making;
- eliminating the very presence of opposition within Pacifica decision-making bodies;
- eliminating expressions of opposition & alternative futures within public Pacifica decision-making forums;
- eliminating the ‘public comment’ opportunity for members, staff, & listeners at Pacifica in-person meetings;
- so, shutting down opportunities for dissent, protest, & exploring futures;
- in a phrase, crushing opposition by a blanket removal of existing opportunities; &
- the six at-large directors are insulated from any scrutiny whatsoever because all their meetings can be private, secret: so, they’re accountable to no-one, can avoid any public proceeding, & there’s no transparency, as they only have to issue legally required statements.
Eat yer 💗 out, Amy G. . . . ”