I don’t know how long it will take, but I believe they are reactivating the hiring process for a Program Director at KPFK.
TITLE: BUSINESS MANAGER
STATUS: REGULAR PART TIME — EXEMPT/CONFIDENTIAL
SITE: KPFK-PACIFICA RADIO, North Hollywood CA (Los Angeles Metro)
BENEFITS: MEDICAL, DENTAL, LIFE, DISABILITY (Upon Completion of Introductory Status)
CORPORATION:The Pacifica Foundation is a non-profit agency providing educational services. Mission: To establish a foundation organized and operated exclusively for education purposes no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any member of the Foundation. Corporation services are provided in Berkeley/North Hollywood, CA, Washington, D.C., Houston, TX and New York, NY.
DEFINITION: The Business Manager will work under the supervision of Pacifica’s Chief Financial Officer and/or Controller, and administratively under the station’s General Manager. The Business Manager is responsible for payroll and payroll reporting; accounting/bookkeeping for KPFK, financial reports to local management and local station board, Pacifica National Office (PNO) management, This staff will also be responsible for 1099 preparation, audit support; account reconciliation, credit card processing/deposit, and coordinate with Membership and Development departments as necessary and other duties assigned. This is a full-time exempt confidential position, with all work to be performed on site.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Process, review and submit station’s payroll information to Pacifica National Office (PNO)
2. Maintain the station’s personnel files, insurance and benefit plans, update payroll and personnel info as necessary
3. Maintain union dues, seniority pay and other union-related benefit plans and reports
4. Track and administer employees’ earnings records and process employee garnishments and voluntary deductions
5. Review and process of Accounts Payable invoices/bills and other disbursements
6. Update accounts payable schedules and vendor files/information, reconcile outstanding A/P against general ledger.
7. Schedule, secure approval and pay station obligation and payables
8. Prepare and maintain monthly ledger, coordinate with the PNO in generating financial statements monthly, quarterly for use by local management and local station board and committees.
9. Prepare and maintain grant and special fund-raising project worksheets as necessary.
10. Collect and review 1099 information — maintain associated records.
11. Coordinate with Membership / Development Departments in recording cash deposits and station’s income and revenue
12. Maintain files for deposits and other cash receipts, prepare bank reconciliation
13. Assist the station’s General Manager in developing annual station budget
14. Assist in the preparation of year-end audit schedules and reconciliation and compilation of supporting documentation for external auditors and the PNO finance staff.
15. Assure that office systems are maintained and functioning.
16. Troubleshoot accounting software and computer hardware as necessary.
17. Follow and implement Foundation, KPFK, and PNO policies and procedures.
Job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on the needs of the KPFK and/or the PNO.
Education: One year certificate from college or technical school; or 2 — 3 years accounting course work
Experience: Progressive experience in A/R, A/P, Payroll and other accounting activities preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportions percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Common sense of understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Excellent problem solving variables where only limited standardized instructions exist. Aptitude to read and interpret documents such as financial statements, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals. Ability to produce routine reports and correspondence. Strong computer skills, Great Plains or any accounting software exposure, spreadsheets, word processing, internet. Must be customer service oriented and able to relate well with management, staff, board, vendors and the general public. Strong ability to prioritize and multitask.
Ability to think clearly and manage multiple changing priorities, and remain pleasant and positive. Requires critical thinking and ability to support people with difficult challenges. Requires good judgment.
License Required: Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work, 21 years of age or older, verification of degree/credentials, satisfactory health exam, credit check, agree to uphold all of the Pacifica Foundation Policies and Procedures, Confidentiality Agreement, Policy on Outside Employment, Policy on Prohibiting/Preventing Workplace Violence, Policy to Prohibit Harassment in the Workplace, Policy on Ethics, adhere to Drug-Free Workplace Policy, compliance with Workplace injury and Illness Prevention Policies, and compliance with HIPAA Rules and Regulations, (by signature).
THE PACIFICA FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Pacifica Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, marital status, equal pay, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, and genetic information. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
|JOB TITLE: Program Director
Original Posting Date 8/24/11
|Program Director sought for listener-sponsored, free speech radio KPFK-FM 90.7 FM Los Angeles. Candidates should be experienced.
The program Director Search is currently on hold. A new search will be launched soon. Please check back for info this position.
|Pacifica Foundation/KPFK is an equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. Pacifica Foundation/KPFK provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodations in the hiring process should contact the General Manager.|
|KPFK and Pacifica are founded upon a Mission Statement, which to this day remains unique in radio broadcasting:
BACKGROUND OF THE PACIFICA FOUNDATION
Pacifica Foundation is a 501(c)(3) radio broadcasting organization with five member stations in New York, Houston, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, and Berkeley, California. We employ 179 full-time staff and each station also utilizes an average of 200 unpaid staff. We are a membership-based organization and our five stations have approximately 95,000 members nationwide. In September, 2009, members in each of the five signal areas will elect nine (9) Listener-member delegates and three (3) staff delegates to sit on their local station boards (LBSes). The returns of candidate choices by Listener-members nearly always exceed the quorum of 10%.