I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE AMENDMENTS NOR THE FINAL FORM OF THIS WAS:
The SLTF urges the IED to direct GMs now to institute the Spanish Language Programming motion and to request a plan of action from GMs by March 15 and implementation by April 15, 2015.
Amendment to be made at the in-person meeting:
The date of action for this motion having passed, move to amend the date for the plan of action
1. Time : after 6 am and before 9 pm
2. By the PNB June 2015 meeting to be fully noticed to all radio station managers and PDs
3. New Spanish language programming committees to be develop right after, no later than 1 week after PNB meeting AT ALL radio signals. Managers make the call for the formation of such committees thru PSAs, websites and thru community forums and organizations.
4. To be implemented no later than Monday August 31 2015
5. Be national, to say each radio station should have it
6. “each weekday in the Spanish language” at least 5 hours additional to existing Spanish Language programming (some radio signals do not have any).
7. New programming will vary according to the radio signal demographic and geographic, conditions, per example, in Los Angeles might be added to the existing strip of programming, in Washington (if no programming in Spanish is offered at this time) might have to be only at weekends (strips or blocks of programming) or at any given best day during the week, so each station will decide as long as it is after 6 am and before 9 pm
8. Each radio have to develop a committee (collectives) in charge of such programming and report to the PNB’s task force as to guarantee that such programming will be permanent.
9. Brief introduction in English might be considered at certain signals.
10. Must take in account women, African descent communities, programming for youth and by youth, indigenous, activists, alternative music or art programming, environmental issues, political movements around the continent or the world etc. alternative Health programming, Chicano Mexicano programming as well as Puerto Rican resistance, Central or south American issues, inmigration issues, black liberation movements. white supremacy, gender, race, neo colonialism, culture/art, poverty, etc. news from all over Latin America with stringers in the USA as well as from Latin America and the Caribbean.
11. Pacifica outreach committees must develop in coordination with the Spanish Language task force, management and programming committees a well prepared promotional plan for such new programming as to guarantee self sustainability as much as possible.
12. Management, LSBs and parties involved will develop community forums with their respective communities to get the word out.
13. IF there is any radio signal that needs programming because no collectives are formed yet, such programming can be elaborated and provided by other collectives from sister signals.
14. National meetings to be planned among Spanish language programmers to be in well coordination and maintain programs improving.
15. Every new programmer and volunteers MUST be totally willing to raise funds, work in collectives and be part of the of the National Association of Spanish Language programmers and volunteers which will be created to keep always good communications among the new programs.
16. Existing programmers to provide workshops as needed for those collectives in need.